Ørsted is the largest power producer in Denmark with market shares of 49% for electricity production and 35% for heat production. It also owns power production facilities and projects in Germany, Sweden, the Netherlands, Norway and the United Kingdom.
Ørsted is the largest offshore wind farm company in the world with a market share of 16%. Ørsted surpassed 1,000 offshore wind turbines in 2016. In Denmark, it operates the 209 MW Horns Rev 2 offshore wind farm. In the United Kingdom Ørsted operates Barrow and Burbo Bank offshore windfarms and will construct Walney Island and Gunfleet Sands I and II wind farms. In addition, it is building the world largest wind farms, the 1,200 MW Hornsea 1 and the 1,386 MW Hornsea 2. In North America it is a partner for the Bay State Wind offshore wind farm in the United States and the Haida Energy Field offshore wind farm in Canada. The company is also developing Ocean Wind, an offshore wind farm on the Atlantic coast near Atlantic City, New Jersey. In the Netherlands, it develops Borssele 1 and 2 wind farms.
Ørsted is the largest shareholder (51%) of offshore wind turbine installer A2SEA, while Siemens owns the other 49%. Ørsted also has 30% of subsea cabling installer CT Offshore.